The chapter has four standing committees, which are described below. To learn more about becoming involved in any of these areas, select the appropriate email link.
Mentoring Program Committee
Renee Canfield, Co-Chairman email@example.com
Jennie Wolf Smith, Co-Chairman Jennie@gsbfr.com
The membership committee is responsible for supplying membership information to prospective members. The committee works in conjunction with the scholarship committee in order to provide scholarship information to potential qualifying members.
Gina Ritzman, Co-Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin McPartland, Co-Chairman email@example.com
National Philanthropy Day
The National Philanthropy Day committee is in charge of planning and executing the region's annual celebration of philanthropy. The event allows the community to honor outstanding fund-raising efforts in the area in the month of November. Meetings begin monthly in May. Committee responsibilities include the coordination of: nominations process; invitation and program print materials; marketing and public relations; menu and decor; registration; and more. Professionals who are interested in volunteering their time to continue this successful annual event can contact the NPD chair.
Elizabeth Emmert, Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org
Dasa Dzierwa, Co-Chairman
National Philanthropy Day email@example.com
The Program Committee is responsible for:
• Identifying topics, speakers, and opportunities for educational programs facilitated for the benefit and professional development of AFP Northwest Ohio Chapter members. Educational program formats include but are not limited to monthly membership meetings; webinars; special meetings such as evening membership meetings; conferences, etc.
• Scheduling all program speakers and webinar sessions.
• Working with the Chapter Administrator to organize and manage all facility arrangements for AFP meetings and programs.
• Maintaining the chapter’s status as a CFRE Continuing Education Approved Provider.
• Seeking CFRE approval for continuing education credit for as many chapter programs as possible.
• Surveying the membership on an annual basis to solicit their opinions regarding the AFP webinar sessions they are most interested in for the following year.
• Asking members to evaluate/provide feedback on successes and weaknesses of program presentations and speakers.
• Coordinating with the PR and Media Committee to help promote programs.
The Program Committee is chaired by the Program Chair who serves as a member of the AFP Executive Committee.
Ann Savage, Chairman Ann.Savage2@ProMedica.org
For more information regarding scholarships, please see our Scholarship page or contact Heather Stombaugh
Youth in Philanthropy
As directed by the Chair, the committee incorporates the AFP Youth in Philanthropy Award into the chapter’s National Philanthropy Day event and participates in the planning, public relations, nomination process, and recognition for AFP Youth in Philanthropy recipient. The committee ensures that the local award recipient is nominated for international William Simms Award. Additional duties may include promoting AFP Youth in Philanthropy programs as outlined on the AFP website, as well as community outreach and programming.
Jodi Farschman, Chairman Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations and Communications
Allie Berns, Co-Chairman email@example.com
Heather Slough, Co-Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org